"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Good News vs. Bad News

* if you do not care to read about things that happen in bathrooms DO NOT read on*

The Good News: Cole who is 2 1/2 is learning how to use a potty. He does great with number 1 but has yet to do number 2 until this afternoon. Cole tried to do number 2 in the potty, and...

The Bad News: The boys were in there room resting (mom hoping that they would go to sleep). Lately Cole has found a way to sneak out of his room to go use the potty in mom and dad's bathroom all by himself. Some nights when we check on him we find that he mysteriously does not have a diaper on (luckily we have had no accidents during the night). So today he decided to try to do number 2 in the potty all by himself. That is great except he missed. It somehow ended up in his pants, all over his toilet seat, all over his legs, and on the floor because he wanted mommy to come and clean his bottom so he laid on the floor calling for me. That is when I got up to see what he was up to (I thought he was singing in his room, he wasn't there). When I found him he did not know if he was okay or not.

So I put him in the tub and washed him off. Even though he made a huge gross mess for me to clean, I was very proud of him. I was not happy about the mess, but it could all get washed or cleaned. Even though he thought he did something wrong and cried through his shower, I kept telling him how proud I was of him. I even gave him a hug when he was all dirty, and after I cleaned him. I wanted Cole to know that even though he didn't do it just right or that he needed help, it was okay because everything was going to be just fine poop and all.

Hope this made you smile....because I did.