"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Perfect Resting Spot

I love to rest. I love to put on comfy clothes and crawl under covers and rest or I like to find a peaceful place in the mountains or at the beach. I think sometimes in our busy lives most people do not take the time that they need to rest. We go and go and go like the energizer bunny till we think we cannot make it any more. Some people keep going even after their bodies try to tell them to slow down. For me I really don't have a choice. I was 7 years old when I found out that I suffered from migraines. So at an early age I was forced to slow down my life and rest when I needed it and even sometimes when I wanted to get away from things.

So where is your favorite place to rest. For my 2 year old it is my lap. He has been known to lay on my lap when he is really tired at the dinner table, the rodeo, and even yesterday at the pumpkin patch. We had just finished lunch and Cole wanted to look at the water (he loves water), so we quietly sat by a tree and looked out at the water. It was not long until he laid his head on my lap. If we had nothing else that we had to do that day, I would have sat there all afternoon and let him take a nap there. It was really peaceful.

I think no matter how old you are or how busy you are, sometimes you just need to stop and rest. It is actually good for you to do. But find a place where all distractions are gone and you can just listen to silence, or a river running, or birds, something that is not apart of your everyday sounds. You might find that it makes your days easier and you are a little happier.



So where is your perfect resting place?