"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Friday, November 05, 2010

November 1 is a GREAT day

8 years ago on November 1st Cody came into this world to make a difference and it started with me.  I was 22 when he was born, married for 2 years, just graduated college, in a new city and a new mom.  This boy has rocked my world and given me a joy that I think only a child is capable of doing. 
This year for birthdays we are not doing parties with friends to celebrate but are celebrating with family.  We decided to celebrate Cody turning 8 by going to Disneyland (passes for Christmas is a great thing that lasts all year long).

If you haven't figured it out November 1st this year was on Monday and the boys had school.  We took the boys out right before lunch time and let Cody open his gift from Cole before we left for the park.   
They have had a lot of fun playing laser tag everyday after school since getting this.  Smart brother getting Cody something he gets to play too...

We parked on the Goofy level and well that about explains both of my boys.  Cody's favorite color is green and we found the row 8 and check out Cody's idea for a pic.

Cody did get to open another gift in the car when we parked - mostly because we did not want to carry it around all day with us.  But Danny had this great idea to take a backpack with us and put Cody's gifts in it and let him open them at random times in the park.

 The one above is taken while we were in line for the Pirates ride, one of the boys favorite rides.  The picture below is taken on the island.  The boys had a great time exploring the island.  Cody loves to read so he got a lot of books for his b-day. (easy to carry around the park)
Here are the a few of the boys just having a great time.

 For dinner Cody wanted a Monte Cristo.  We had gotten reservations at the Blue Bayou which is inside the Pirates ride to find out they only serve the sandwich at lunch time.  So we went over to Cafe Orleans and while we waiting for dinner Cody opened his cards from family across the country. 

 We had a great time celebrating Cody's 8th birthday but more importantly I think he felt special and had a great day too.

I love you Cody and am blessed to be your mom!