"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Student of the Month

If there is anything that you should know about me is that I am NOT a morning person.  I want to be and have been doing good this school year, but mornings are not my best time of the day.  I think it has something to do with waking up with so many headaches that I prefer to just stay in bed and go back to sleep.

So when I do not get a good night sleep due to smoke alarms going off at 3am (everything was fine, it was just the batteries), and when a sweet little boy of mine can't fall back asleep until he crawls into bed with us, I typically need to sleep in and take my time to get up.

But that was not going to happen yesterday morning after the night I just told you about because I had an assembly to go to at 8am.  Okay so really it was 8:15 but we had to drop the boys off at 8.

The day before Danny and I were informed that Cole had been chosen as the student of the month from his class and was going to be recognized at this assembly.

So I got up grabbed my camera and was proud to watch Cole receive his award for KINDNESS.

 Here is Cole and his friend who also received the award from his class
 Cody watching for his brother - it was mix match day for red ribbon week
 Cole with his STUDENT OF THE MONTH
Way to go COLE
So after I took this picture of Danny and Cole another mom asked if I wanted her to take a picture of the 3 of us.  I told her NOPE I don't want to be in a picture... (I had just thrown on a sweatshirt and sunglasses planning on going back to bed, which never happened)  Later when I picked the boys up I explained to her that I am not a morning person and was not feeling good.  She just laughed at me.

So there is not much in this world that I will get out of bed when I have a headache and did not sleep the night before, but my boys are for sure something to get up and support no matter what I feel like.