"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Don't forget to Pray for the Men and Women...

A friend of mine sent this to me in an email. I thought it was interesting and think that a minute of prayer for those fighting, regardless of how you feel about the war there are still men, fathers, brothers, husbands, and sons, mothers, daughters, and sisters that are over there and need our support. So stop just a minute and pray for them.
In WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, it's people and peace. This had an amazing effect as bombing stopped! There is now a group of people who are organizing the same thing here in America .
If you would like to participate: each evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central, 7:00 PM Mountain, 6:00 PMPacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying: for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens and for peace in the world.
If you know anyone who would like to participate, please pass this along.
Someone said if people really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. [AMEN!]
Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.