"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Prophet to Come

Then the Lord said to me, "What they have said is right.  I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command him.  I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf."

I did some extra reading on this one to understand it all a little more.  The "me" is Moses talking to the Israelites letting them know that after he is gone there will be someone else who will speak God's words since they did not want to hear directly from God.  Moses refers to multiple prophets that will come but also to the Prophet that they were waiting for - Jesus

"God sent his Son into the world 
not to judge the world, 
but to save the world through him." 

Are you open to hearing and receiving God's message from Him, His Son or are do you prefer Him from afar like the Israelites because He is to much for you right now?