"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Monday, November 29, 2010

Preparing for Christmas Day!

I love this time of the year, not so much for being way to busy; But for what it brings in tradition, family, smells, food and especially what I celebrate in God being faithful to what He said in the garden - JESUS!

So for me I am going to post verses each day leading up to Christmas in my preparation of this day.  This mostly for me, to give me a reason not to let being busy rob me of the time I need to set aside to remember all that leads up to that Christmas night.

Over Thanksgiving break we were able to visit my parents and relax and play in the snow (more on that adventure later) while I was there my mom gave me a book for a family Advent celebration and that is what I am going through and where I got this idea (I am not posting everything from the book).

So since I am a day behind in starting this here is the verse to start this all off!
A Child Will be Born to Us
 The people who walk in darkness
      will see a great light.
   For those who live in a land of deep darkness,
      a light will shine.
For a child is born to us,
 a son is given to us.
   The government will rest on his shoulders.
And he will be called:
   Wonderful Counselor, 
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, 
Prince of Peace.