"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Great Joy and Peace to All

We started our Christmas break off with going to Disneyland one last time before our passes were up. I don't think we were the only ones doing that the night we went, but we had a wonderful time. I love the decorations and the detail that is put into everywhere you go. We only went on one ride (pirates) but we really were there because I wanted to enjoy the fireworks and "snow" that they have. Just like last year I was sitting on Main Street and both the boys laid in my lap trying to sleep or close to sleeping. But when the show started it was magical and I enjoyed every moment with my family. Here is a little video of some of the night.


The next day we celebrated with the last of 7 Christmas parties. This one was special because it was for the boys and their friends.
We had a wonderful time playing some goofy games and just laughing. I think the best was at the end when the boys gave their friends a little gift bag that had this stuff called "Flarp". It is kinda like slime but as you push it into the container it came in it make farting noises, so all these 5, 6 and 7 year old boys that it was the greatest thing and giggled like girls. Go figure -- boys will be boys...

Another time of joy was spending the afternoon with some good friends at Sea World.
I had never been there at Christmas time and it was fun. The have part of the Polar Express in 4D I think the best was walking out and it was "snowing". But the best show was at Shamu's stadium. Not only was it fun to watch the whales but there was live Christmas songs like Silent Night and O Holy Night and Joy to the World at the end with everyone standing and singing together. Wow!
all Sea World pics taken from Brian's blog

"Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great JOY which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth PEACE among men with whom He is pleased." Luke 2:10-14

If I had to sum up Christmas day in one word for me this year it is Peaceful. Not that the other years are not. I think it is that we as a family are always going, always moving, always doing something with others that to stay home this year just the 4 of us was a nice way to end a busy 2009. The boys really wanted to go the 11:00pm Christmas Eve service so we did and they slept in a bit on Christmas morning. So we read the Christmas Story all cuddled in bed before we went down to see what "Santa" brought.

The boys enjoyed opening their gifts and I enjoyed watching their excitement as they saw what they had gotten.
The rest of the day was spent playing with the boys, mostly building with Lincoln Logs and playing Wii Sports Resort. It was fun to just be able to relax and watch the boys just play or be able to play with them and have no schedule to worry about.
One of my many creations with Lincoln Logs
2010 here we come!
We had a great time with each other and with friends. For New Years Eve we headed out to the desert to shoot some guns with some friends. It was totally a guy thing but it was great to be there and begin to build memories with them. I shot some kind of hand gun (those things are loud) but have no clue what I shot other than the dirt.... but it was fun.

I think the is the same one I shot but I don't know
The last thing we did on our break was go on a family "hike" (it was more like a walk) in the canyon. The boys loved it! They cannot wait to go again. Cole had so much energy that he practically ran the whole way back and then some. Here are a few pics of our "hike"