"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Monday, November 09, 2009

oops....

I knew that I had not blogged in awhile but I did not realize how bad it really has been - oops :)

So here are a few pics from some of the most recent things going on for us. Being that it is November, Halloween has pasted and this year we had a pirate and Bumblebee in the house. We also had a little Barbi cheerleader/princess (my niece). After hitting up our neighborhood for way to much candy that we will not eat we headed over to a friend's house and hit up their neighborhood too. So what did I do after we got the kids down..... No I did not eat it all - I had maybe one or two Twix (my favorite besides dark chocolate) - I sorted the candy with Danny's help. So now we have trashed the stuff that will no doubt get touched, we have all the suckers in a bowl, all the chocolate candy in another and everything else that is sweet is in the last bowl.

A great way to get rid of your candy is have teenagers over or better throw a party for you son and use leftover Halloween candy in the cupcake sundaes***more about this to come.


Next that has been fun and is also over till January is flag football for Cody. This season was a fun one with many interceptions and touchdowns by Cody. He was also great on defense - not afraid to grab the flags and run from one side of the field to the other to make sure he got the flags off and the other team did not score.

Interception by Cody - one of the many he ran back for a touchdown!

Cody also played QB and threw some touchdowns as well!!

Cody running in for a touchdown in his last game!
After the last game Cody was awarded a trophy by his teammates votes for the player with honor and character. We are so proud of the hard work he did and also for who he was on the field!!!

Cole has been tearing it up on the soccer field this season. For me it has been so much fun to watch him play (soccer is what I played for many years and loved it and miss playing). He is a hard worker and means business on the field. He is a natural defender. I am not sure how many goals he saved this season (there are no goalies) by running back to stop the ball from going in their net. He has also scored lots of goals.


Cole also has a bright orange ball (not planned).
They have one more game this season and then Cole wants to play flag football with Cody (and dad as coach). I am sure he will come back to soccer again.

This has been fun watching the boys play hard at a sport they love and do well at. And this is only the beginning of our sports adventures ....