"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Monday, September 14, 2009

This is New for me

Since November of 2002 I have been home with a kid. Now both of my boys are in school. Cody in 1st and Cole in Kindergarten. They are loving it and can't wait to go to class. Today is their 3rd day in school and my first day home with no one (last week Danny worked from home and then I helped in Cole's class).

So what am I to do....
  • enjoy the silence
  • work on the computer and not feel guilty
  • laundry
  • clean
  • read
  • hang out with some friends
  • take a shower with no worries about what I am missing
  • run errands and get them done faster or really take my time to look at other things
  • photography (according to Danny)
  • blog more :)
  • help out in their classes
I am sure there are many more things that will take up my time but this time has been nice and different. A friend had asked me if I was excited for both the boys to be in school and I could not answer yes or no. I am excited for them and us as a family to enter into a new phase of life but I also enjoyed the time in the days with the boys. I am thankful that I have been able to be home with them during that phase of life, and like I said I am looking forward to the adventure of this new phase of our life as a family.

So here are some pics of the boys heading off to their first day of school.