"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's Keeping me from Blogging

I realize that I haven't had much to say lately in the "blog" world but really that does not mean I haven't had things to type about, there have just been a few things that were a little more important or just more of a priority that I just didn't get to put my thoughts down lately. So are you curious as to what some of those may be? If so keep reading if not well I guess this post is done for you then :)

I am going to try to put this in an order from the most recent to not so recent.
  • I had a headache. For those of you who really don't know me other than the blog world I get really bad migraines and am out for a few days when I get one, not to mention I am not totally with it in the head when I have one. My headaches are doing much better overall but every once and awhile I still get one that knocks me down for a few days.

  • My B-day. It was the 17th and I had a wonderful day with the boys. I got breakfast in bed and everyone joined me there for breakfast too. Then we played some Wii and then went on a LONG bike ride to the lake and finished it off with a movie and dinner. It was perfect.

  • My new Bike. If you want the long story of how it came to be go read about it on my dorky husband's blog here. But I got a new beach cruiser and LOVE it. Cole and I rode to the store the other day (I have a basket on it too), got home to drop things off then went out again.

  • Wii. Well more like the Wii Fit. I have been trying to do something. I am having fun doing the yoga and the other things too. It is funny when the boys do it with me and even when I am not around Danny finds them doing the different poses. I think Danny is jealous because he is not the flexible. But we have been having fun with this new game in our home.

  • Disneyland and California Adventure. For Christmas this we asked for season passes since we live so close and I really did not think we needed a lot of toys in our smaller home so this is so much fun to have. We went as a family the other week after Cody got out of school and enjoyed Chick fil a for dinner on the way there then some rides in Ca Adventure - the new toy story ride is so worth the wait. Then went over to Disney for Danny and Cody to get stuck on the Pirates ride for over an hour. What did Cole and I do while we waited for them.... He fell asleep on me while we waited for a show that did not happen due to the wind. But I enjoyed every minute of it.

  • Family Time, I am so behind on things but have been enjoying just hanging with the boys and having a lot of fun together. Oh and Cole is starting soccer his first "game" is this Saturday. Cody wants to do football and that will start in March.

  • Extended family time. We spent New Years day with the Guentner's and had a great time there. Also my mom is coming out for a visit we are looking forward to that as well. All of Danny's family were here for Christmas and we had a house full but a great time together. His mom and Bob are coming back out in Feb and will be another great relaxing time with them.

  • Aperture 2 - Danny got me this for Christmas and is way sweet for editing pictures so I am trying to learn this and also I have so many pictures to edit and then get out to people (family) who have been waiting so patiently for them. But this program is so sweet!!!!
Okay I think that covers most of it that I can think of right now. So what may still keep me silent not because I want to be but because there are just things that need to get done:
  • LAUNDRY - this never ends, oh my and I am behind....

  • a few new Bible Studies that I am starting

  • my bike

  • my boys

  • getting organized - and when I get it done life will hit and I will have to start all over again :)

  • spring break trip with the boys to Colorado (yes mom we are coming up for a few days).

  • Cole's soccer

  • Cody's school, I am still helping every Friday and working hard with Cody reading, he is doing so well.

  • dinners
I am sure there will be other things that I am not aware of that will come up but here is what I know life will bring.

We are doing good. God is and has been providing for us and we are so blessed and thankful for all the ways He is taking care of us. The house is being foreclosed unless we hear from the bank about a deed in lieu, but again that is all in God's hands and Danny and I both have a peace about whatever happens. God is good and we are thankful for where we are and the wonderful friends we have both here and far away. So we are looking forward to seeing more of God's work in our lives and those around us.