"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Move

We are finally in a new house!!  We were able to move in last Friday and had so much help that we got all the boxes and furniture in before the night.  We had friends putting together our beds while we were still unloading, it was nice because we didn't have to worry about it after we had gotten everything moved in we were able to just go to bed.  The boys have enjoyed playing with their friends.  The next day (Saturday) we had more friends come over and love on us by filling my kitchen floor with grocery bags full of anything we would need.  So we just crammed it all in the pantry that I have.  We had some great friends take to boys to play for the day and Danny was able to get the garage arranged how he wanted it.  Another friend and her sweet daughter completed my kitchen and arranged the pantry, while they were doing that another friend and I were able to organize the boys' toys and their room.  Then Danny and I were able to put clothes away (mine are not complete).  So we are getting settled and have been blown away with love and kindness from people.

Then we even got to meet some of our neighbors.  There was an ice cream block party that we got invited to.  We decided to go and as we were walking up to it we got introduced as the "New Neighbors".  We met quite a few people and I can't remember everyone's names but they are really sweet and like to party so we are going to have fun here.

Our crazy summer adventures are almost to an end, next Tuesday Cole and Danny fly out to Colorado for his sister's wedding.  Cody starts school on Thursday and then we will fly out to Colorado.  Hopefully when we get back from Colorado things will settle down.