"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

God and My Haircut

Last night I finally got my hair cut...it has been way to long. Anyways, I do not like finding a new person to do my hair because when I was younger I had a bad experience with a new person cutting my hair. Anyways I was trying to put that aside and a friend of mine has gotten a gift certificate for a particular place and had given it to me because she really likes who does her hair. So I gave it a try. And what did I get... a really bad haircut for way to much money. The color is really bad and looks like it has already grown out and the cut is uneven and choppy. I even found a few strands that had not been cut. Do this women's defense she did dry it curly so all of this went unnoticed until this morning when I straightened it and saw what a bad cut it is. Want to know how much a bad haircut costs.... $120. Before you freak out on me I did not pay that much for my hair and remember I had a gift card. But I also believe that God was protecting me because their credit card machines were down so she told me to bring in the money later. So I have not paid for this haircut and really it is not worth the amount the gift card was for but I am getting it fixed on Saturday. God worked that one out too. I know this may sound silly but He really did.
I called the lady who does my mom's hair because that is where I am staying right now and she said I could come in with my mom on Saturday. Keep in mind she is really busy and my mom has her scheduled quite a few months out. Anyways I called my mom and asked her about it and she said she just had her hair done and wasn't going to go back till July. So my mom called her back and for some reason she really did have my mom down on the schedule.... what was her response to that: Must have been a God thing.


So I know this is not a big thing like a house by the church but it is God reminding me that He IS TAKING CARE OF THINGS even the "little" things.
Here is a picture from my phone of my hair... you can see one side is longer than the other and how blond the front is. You can't really see how choppy it is but it is all going to be okay.