"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Something Yummy

This first recipe I share goes back 5 years ago. It is from my sister Michele, who made this for me after I had Cody. To be honest I was not to sure of it when she mentioned it but now we love it and the boys like it too (which is a big deal if you know my boys). So that is the story and here is the recipe for you:

Tator Tot Casserole
1-1.5 lbs of ground beef with onions
32 oz. bag of frozen tator tots
2 cans of golden mushroom soup
1 can of milk
shredded shard cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 pan with pam. Brown your meat with the onions (and I add salt and pepper and garlic). Drain the fat from the meat and then put it in the pan. Put the whole bag of tator tots over the meat. In a bowl on the side combine the 2 cans of golden mushroom soup with the one can of milk and some shredded cheese, then pour the mixture over the tator tots. Bake for 1/2 an hour uncovered. Once baked broil to toast the tator tots and put some more cheese on to melt.
For a smaller portion I do 1lb. of meat with less tator tots (not sure how many I use I just cover the meat). I put it in a 8X11 pan and use 1 can of soup and 1/2 a can of milk. You can also put green beans in the casserole or be like me and serve them on the side.
This is one of those kinds of meals you can make ahead of time and freeze it for one of those chaotic days and you have no clue what to do for dinner...Enjoy!!!