"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Some Christmas Questions

I was sent this in an email and thought it was fun so I share it with you.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? the Saturday right after Thanksgiving (and yes is does last that long as long as you keep it watered)
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends when we are in town, but typically after the New Year
5. Do you like egg nog? yep
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember on Christmas that was on Sunday and we were allowed to open only what was in our stockings before church and I got a really nice necklace from my parents, and wore it that day to church .
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, one that was hand made for our wedding gift, one that my dad brought back from Turkey, one that Danny and I bought cause it is way cool, and the boys have one that we take 7 days to put together (one of those countdown kinda things that tells them the Christmas story)
8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents are always hard to buy for, sometimes Danny
9. Easiest person to buy for? kids (mine and my nieces and nephews)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I attempt to do Christmas cards but time gets away from me...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Maybe a white elephant gift that I gave away at another party
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have been watching a lot with the boys lately, I don't know if I have a favorite. I thought the Nativity story done last year was really good....I am waiting to watch it.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? when I remember I try to start early otherwise after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? White elephant gifts, and one year when we had more than we needed we gave a lot away to others
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love the cookies and snacks and my parents stuffing 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mostly all of them (I don't like O christmas tree) I love Christmas Songs
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We enjoyed staying at home once in 7years but it is also nice to be with family. I prefer to travel before Christmas Eve so we can all be together. 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I am sure I could....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, or nothing is what we have in our home...i kinda like it 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Danny likes to open one on Christmas Eve, I am fine waiting till Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How rude people can get
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really have an answer to this one
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey dinner with everything, although I just like to eat the eggs, stuffing, veggies, and very little turkey.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? just to be with family
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? don't know surprise me :)