"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

don't know what to call this one...

Last night before I went to bed I read this verse and this is what I got out of it, enjoy. :)

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for my Savior; my God will hear me." Micah 7:7 (NIV)
"But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. I'm counting on God to listen to me." Micah 7:7 (Message)
1. Do Not Give Up!!
We need to persevere. Know that you can do it, you can get through whatever you are going through. It reminded me of Psalm 138:8 (message) "Finish what you started in me God, Your love is eternal - don't quit on me now."
God is not going to give up on you so don't give up on Him.
2. Watch in Hope for the Lord.
He is moving, He is doing things. We just need to hold on to the hope that we have in Him. Jeremiah 29:11b says: "...I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. " We just need to trust Him
3. Wait for God My Savior.
Wait ... that is a hard one, really, because we live in a world that tells us we shouldn't have to wait for anything. But we are missing out of a lot when we don't wait. It is okay to slow life down, maybe that is all you need really, life goes by to fast and we are to busy to really enjoy what is really important. And sometimes that means people...
4. See What God Will Do...
Open your eyes... really. In the midst of hard times there are still blessings all around you. And to be honest we miss what God is going to to because our eyes are not open to see it. Or we have expectations and miss what God is going to do. How many times when we pray and ask God to help us we come with a plan already in our hands. When we say we want God's way do we really mean it? Because if so it means that most of the time your way won't happen, but that is okay because God's way is so much more amazing than what we could have ever found.
5. God Will Make Things Right!!!
I think the key to this one is things will be made right in His time and what is right in His eyes, not mine... To be honest I don't always know the big picture but God does, so I have to trust that He knows what is best and what is right and that may not be what I think. I need to be okay with that...again come with no expectations.
6. God Will Hear Me and Listen to Me!!!
So talk to Him, pour out your heart, cry out to Him. He is listening and He wants you to turn to Him. So why don't you? Why are you to busy going to your friends or family first like they have the answers or can fix things....I know there is comfort in going to friends and family but really I think we need to go to God first. He can help you sort through all that is going on.
Well that is pretty much what I got slammed with last night :) I finish with this that I wrote in my journal:
Hard times refine us, shape us, change us to be who are are - someone who is better because God loves us with an everlasting love, a love that won't leave you the way you are, a love that knows your potential and guides you to that potential of someone remarkable.