"God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—my whole life one long, obedient response."
Psalm 119:33-34 (Message)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Family Vacation Part 1

As I have been starting to update my blog I realized that I have not told you about our 2 week family vacation to Colorado. Since I took a lot of pictures I think I will explain it to you with them, hope that is okay.

It all started right after church we packed up into the car and headed out to Colorado.

Oh did I mention that we also had both Crush and Rusty our dogs...

On the way we were going to meet up with Matt and Michele and Halle (Makayla and Brianna were already out in Mesa with Nana and Papa). We were going to meet up in St George or somewhere like that.... We found them right outside the border to Nevada with a flat tire on the pop up. Anyways we got it fixed and to make a long, long story short we followed them all the way to Mesa going 40-50 mph. This is what majority of the trip looked like for us, when it was daylight.

We finally arrived in Mesa, Colorado by 7am the next morning (we drove straight through the night). That day we spent most of the time resting from the long drive out. All that was left to join us was Donny and Tobey (his dog).


There was so much to do, but the kids (big and little) found that the pond was the best place to hang out. So the big kids decided to build a dock to make it easy to play in the pond. They did a good job.

These are just a few of the pond pics

We had a lot of good food. Dad/Papa would make Belgian waffles every morning and there was always fresh whipped cream and strawberries to put on them. Then we found the blueberries to add to it as well. There was a lot of time that we just hung out and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

This is going to end part one. There is still more to tell you about Mesa and then the following week we went to Aurora to visit with Danny's family. I will post more soon, so keep watching.